This month A&R Solar is installing solar arrays on more homes at Grow. Our community is on its way to being the largest solar neighborhood in Washington State, proving that solar really does work in our cloudy state!
As a One Planet Community, Grow is intended to achieve Net Zero Carbon from buildings by 2020. We have been monitoring one of the occupied homes in the community since January of this year and it looks like the numbers are coming out positive – the solar is providing more than enough energy to power the house over the year! This not only reduces the owners’ carbon footprint, it also saves them a whole lot in power bills.
Here are a few reasons why you might also want to consider solar for your home:
- Receive Washington State renewable energy incentives
- Get a 30% federal tax credit
- Reduce your electric bills forever
- Support your local economy
- Increase your homes resale value
- Reduce your carbon footprint